Amgen focuses on areas of high unmet medical need and leverages its expertise to strive for solutions that improve health outcomes and dramatically improve people’s lives. A biotechnology pioneer since 1980, Amgen has grown to be one of the world’s leading independent biotechnology companies, has reached millions of patients around the world and is developing a pipeline of medicines with breakaway potential.
As part of the International Legal Group – a team of over 30 lawyers supporting most of Amgen’s ex-US businesses – the Associate Counsel Iberia will support the Legal Director Spain & Portugal in a broad range of matters and will cooperate with other support functions in the company (such as compliance, sourcing, finance, etc.). This position will be based in Barcelona.
R&D/Clinical Trials Support:
- drafting and reviewing contracts concerning sponsored clinical trials, investigator-sponsored clinical trials and observational studies;
- reviewing agreements and informed consent forms for patients;
- providing advice to the Medical Department on different issues related to clinical trials operations and regulation ensuring compliance with the company guidelines, Farmindustria and Apifarma Ethics Code and the applicable legislation;
Advice and Support on Commercial Contracts:
- supporting the business in the preparation of commercial contracts (such as services, sponsorship, consultancy, non-disclosure, market research agreements etc.) and ensuring the applicable policies and procedures (SOPs) are correctly followed;
- drafting tailored and ad hoc agreements and letters for various purposes;
- advising and supporting the clients in the negotiation of contractual terms;
- reviewing and updating contract templates used in the company periodically, ensuring at all times compliance with the law and with the internal procedures;
General Business Support:
- providing advice on various matters such as: product promotion, Patient Support Programs, Value Based Health Care Programs, development and implementation of local and/or international digital projects, early access and compassionate use programs, collaborations with HCPs, Institutions, patient organizations, and third party vendors, provision of grants, sponsorships and donations.
- delivering periodic training to the business;
- Provide advice on digital tools and contracting
Corporate Administration Activities: Coordinating and managing corporate administration matters, including:
- Drafting Shareholders’ and Board of Director’s meeting minutes;
- Register of Commerce filings and maintenance of Company Corporate Administration records;
- Reviewing and updating company’s Power of Attorneys.
- Work may also involve other areas, as the need arises.
Educational and Professional Requirements:
- Law degree from recognized university law faculty. Admission to a Bar Association (Spanish or Portuguese).
- A minimum of 4 years of law practice, in a law firm (life sciences/health care experience preferred) or in-house in a European or multinational life sciences company, or a combination of both.
- Fluent Spanish, Portuguese and English (writing, speaking and listening) and excellent written and oral communication skills
- Ability to diagnose legal problems, present constructive creative solutions and alternatives and act as a business partner to add value and help to achieve commercial and strategic objectives.
- Creates and maintains a good relationship with clients, team player showing interest in the business needs.
- Flexibility to adapt/interact with different Business Partners.
- Proactive, responsive with good judgment and maturity.
- Able to work independently on most issues within core areas and knows when to escalate.
- Strong organizational abilities with ability to drive clear and timely outcomes.
- Unquestioned integrity and ethics in business and personal conduct.
If you’re seeking a career where you can truly make a difference in the lives of others, a career where you can work at the absolute forefront of biotechnology with the top minds in the field, you’ll find it at Amgen.
Amgen, a biotechnology pioneer, discovers, develops and delivers innovative human therapeutics. Our medicines have helped millions of patients in the fight against cancer, kidney disease, rheumatoid arthritis and other serious illnesses.
As an organization dedicated to improving the quality of life for people around the world, Amgen fosters an inclusive environment of diverse, ethical, committed and highly accomplished people who respect each other but compete intensely to win. Together, we live the Amgen values as we continue advancing science to serve patients.