Work hard, have fun, and make history in Amazon’s legal team!
Amazon is a leader in global e-commerce, and our innovative services, devices and technologies change the way people find, discover and buy products and media.
We are looking for a talented Corporate Counsel to support our growing books (physical and digital), digital media (Alexa, apps) and devices (Kindle e-readers, tablets, Fire TV, Echo) businesses. Lawyers at Amazon are trusted members of the business. Our work is intellectually challenging, exciting and fast-paced. Developing innovative solutions to novel legal questions is part of our daily business.
You will be responsible for advising the books, digital media and devices businesses on a broad range of Spanish and wider EU commercial and regulatory matters, and structuring, drafting and negotiating commercial transactions. You will provide day-to-day advice in a wide range of legal areas, including copyright, IP/IT, digital media, privacy, e-commerce and regulatory compliance.
Based in our Madrid office, you will be part of the Spain legal team, and work with a broader EU legal team that supports the digital media and devices businesses across the EU. Some travel may be required.
· 5+ years of post qualification experience.
· At least 2 years at a highly regarded/international law firm, ideally with experience supporting digital media, content, electronic devices, e-commerce, consumer product or retail businesses.
· Excellent English language skills including the ability to draft and negotiate contracts.
· Combination of law firm and in-house experience.
· Proficiency in an additional European language.
· Excellent interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to act as a business partner to our commercial teams.
· Outstanding legal and business judgment; strong organisational and project management skills, drafting, negotiation, analytical and leadership skills.
· Proven ability to deal with ambiguity and to work well with all levels of employees and management.
· Proven customer obsession.
· Proven ability to work in a fast-paced environment and a reputation for delivering results.
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We value your passion to discover, invent, simplify and build. Protecting your privacy and the security of your data is a longstanding top priority for Amazon. Please consult our Privacy Notice to know more about how we collect, use and transfer the personal data of our candidates.