Are you ready for your next legal and compliance advisory role to be within a dynamic and driven team? Do you have the outstanding compliance, legal and drafting skills, demanded in the areas of general contract law, procurement, sales, data privacy and anti-trust law?
About the position
We are recruiting a legal and compliance officer for a half time position in our Madrid office.
You will work alongside colleagues from our sales, operations and marketing departments and support them with legal advice and review of business processes and contracts. There will be regular interactions with the headquarter department Legal and Compliance.
Your main responsibilities will be to:
- Provide the company’s departments with legal advice and support with regards to sales, distribution and procurement
- Be an active stakeholder in both internal and external projects
- Liaise regularly with the international Legal and Compliance department, other departments internationally, as well as with external legal counsel
- Ensure and support customer claims and complaints processes
- Management of contracts with retail partner
- Ensure compliance with internal rules and local legislation, in particular with respect to antitrust, anti-bribery, AML, sanctions lists and data protection law
- Align global strategy and support the implementation of central legal programs and standards on the local level, especially with regard to contract management
- Inform the organization about legal requirements on standards and processes, templates, documentation and contracts
- Plan, organize, coordinate and execute
- Develop and maintain procedures and processes
You will work in a challenging, local as well as international commercial environment. You will report to the Manager of the area and ensure that the legal function delivers an optimal service and is visible within the organization.
About you and your profile
- We believe that you have a Spanish academic law degree, preferably with a specialty in commercial law
- Relevant experience (in legal and compliance area) either from a law firm or from an in-house position
- A sound understanding of distribution models and various commercial agreements
- Legal and drafting skills
- Experience with commercial contracts
- You have excellent business English and you are fluent in Spanish, written and verbal in both languages is a necessity
- Being able to connect legal and compliance with business impact
- Data privacy and/or antitrust law knowledge is an advantage
You should enjoy working in a dynamic and fast-changing environment, in which you are able to create structure and order, and you should be comfortable in delivering output independently and on short deadlines. You are willing to assume responsibility and able to coordinate multiple activities simultaneously since you are well organized and good at prioritizing your work. You have a result-oriented approach, and the ability to balance legal, compliance and commercial interests.
You have a dynamic and proactive personality with excellent analytical and communication skills thus able to translate law into business requirements, which you do in a service minded way. On top of this you have high integrity and a good judgment.
As a positive relationship-building person you easily create contact internally and externally. You have experience in working in teams from different disciplines and thrive in an environment where you have to work with a diverse group of people. You communicate effortlessly at all levels.