You will support all lines of business including technology, applications, hardware, professional services and cloud. You must have strong IT/commercial contract experience and be familiar with IT/technology licensing and service agreements. Experience in cloud services, intellectual property and data protection would be an advantage.
As legal counsel you will draft, review and negotiate technology contracts with public and private sector customers, including licensing agreements, professional services agreements and cloud services agreements.
- Responsible for legal support to sales teams across various industry sectors.
- Independent handling of contracts’ negotiation and drafting.
- Continuous interface with commercial approvers and related risk management.
- Close liaison with Business Practices and Deal Management organizations.
- Draft and negotiate major or complex non-standard agreements.
- Advise the Business on structure of contractual relationship, including appropriate documents to use.
- Respond to ad hoc queries, providing appropriate legal solutions.
- Identify, analyze, and evaluate risks.
- Work closely with other lawyers throughout Oracle.
- Ensure compliance with Oracle business practices, policies and procedures.
- Fluent in English and Spanish.
- High-level legal drafting skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Negotiation skills.
- Presentation skills.
- 4/5 years of previous experience in a similar position.
As part of Oracle’s employment process candidates will be required to complete a pre-employment screening process, prior to an offer being made. This will involve identity and employment verification, salary verification, professional references, education verification and professional qualifications and memberships (if applicable).
Provide legal support across all lines of business enabling profitable growth while mitigating legal risks and assure adherence to governance policies, ethics, and country specific laws and regulations
Responsible for providing legal advice to the organization. Close liaison to business in providing a variety of corporate and commercial legal services. May perform litigation on Oracle’s behalf or coordinates litigation and other legal, administrative or investigative actions handled by outside counsel. May draft, review, and negotiate major and/or non-standard technology contracts with public and private sector customers, including licensing agreements, professional services agreements, and cloud services agreements. May advise on legal issues involving government and regulatory compliance. Responds to ad hoc queries to include identification, analysis, and evaluation of risks in order to provide appropriate legal solutions. Works closely with other lawyers throughout Oracle and coordinates legal matters handled by outside lawyers. Demonstrates deep general commercial or functional knowledge across a wide range of sub disciplines within the individual’s specialty area(s), (e.g., general corporate law, antitrust/competition law, securities compliance and regulatory, employment law, immigration law, cloud transactions, data privacy, risk management asset-backed financing, contract management, intellectual property, trade secrets, advertising law, registration and other resolutions specific to the computer and technology industry)
Leading contributor individually and as a team member, providing direction and mentoring to others. Work is non-routine and very complex, involving the application of advanced technical/business skills in area of specialization. 8+ years related experience. Bachelors degree in computer science, computer engineering, or similar background is a plus for roles within certain sub disciplines. Completed law degree and member of bar association in relevant jurisdictions. Excellent legal skills and business judgment in areas of responsibility. Proficient writing skills.