Based in Madrid, you will provide legal advice and assistance to Total Solar operational divisions in Spain and Portugal and in particular to the multidisciplinary teams in charge of the prospection of investment opportunities and development, construction and exploitation of renewable projects. You will also ensure the monitoring of the existing assets in Spain and Portugal.
Your Main Responsibilities Will Be To
- Anticipate the risks and legal needs, alert, advise and propose appropriate solutions;
- Draft and negotiate a wide range of contracts (confidentiality agreements, letters of intent, “MOU”, partnership agreements, shareholders agreements, EPC and O&M contracts, land agreements, acquisition and sale of assets, share purchase agreements, project finance agreements…);
- Prepare the legal documentation for the response to calls for tenders for renewable projects and follow the legal aspects of such projects once awarded (creation or participation in joint ventures, implementation of agreements…);
- Contribute with Total Solar Legal headquarters and group tax specialists as well as financial and operational manager of Total Solar and GRP branch to the choice of contractual and financial schemes for the abovementioned activities;
- Conduct legal studies and provide legal opinions;
- Evaluate regulatory and contractual risks, propose innovative solutions to reduce such risks;
- Analyze and interpret new regulations and contributes to an appropriates spread of information.;
- Coordinate and supervise the work of the external law firms with applying the legal group policies related to the choice of law firms;
- Follow the litigation files (if any) associated with the portfolio of projects,
- Manage all corporate issues related to the companies in the Iberia hub.
Under the supervision of Total Solar General Counsel, you will participate to the implementation and evolution of Total Solar contractual policy and the standardization of the contractual documents.
Contexte et Environnement
Total Solar develops, builds and operates solar projects in Iberia region, either with full ownership or with partners. This position is located in Madrid office (Spain).
This will involve full coordination with other Iberia central operation functions such as construction, finance, business development, project development, technical managers, EPC project managers, etc.
- Master’s degree in business law.
- At least eight (8) years of experience in a similar generalist position within the renewable energy industry working as in-house counsel for an EPC contractor or well-known IPP/project developer;
- Solid experience in contract drafting, negotiation skills and the ability to identify and understand critical points.
- Experience in transversal project management desirable as well as in working within a multinational company.
- Fluent in Spanish and English. Knowledge of French and Portuguese is desirable but not a must.
- Ability to work individually and as a team.
- Good interpersonal and strong communication skills with high analytical skills a willingness to challenge others. Good listener.
- Pragmatic, you will have to be attentive; flexible and must be able to adapt quickly to the context and to complex and varied
Droit des affaires général, Droits Spécialisés
Région, département, localité
Niveau d’expérience requis
Minimum 10 ans
Gas Renewables And Power
A propos de nous/Profil de l’entreprise
BETTER ENERGY NEEDS YOU
Donnez le meilleur de vous-même à l’énergie ! Rejoignez TOTAL : plus de 500 métiers différents dans 130 pays. Une entreprise responsable avec des standards de sécurité et d’éthique forts, des perspectives d’évolution de carrière variées, une culture de l’innovation et une mission partagée par les 100.000 collaborateurs du Groupe : rendre l’énergie meilleure jour après jour.