The Amazon Studios legal team is looking for a Corporate Counsel. The position will be based in Madrid, London, Paris, Milan or Munich and will report to the Associate General Counsel for Studios.
In this role, you will handle all legal aspects of development, production and marketing of original TV content in support of Amazon’s rapidly expanding scripted and unscripted television initiatives in the UK, including helping to develop forms and policies, and structuring, drafting and negotiating a wide range of complicated agreements such as rights option and acquisition agreements, writer agreements, producer agreements, production services agreements, co-financing agreements, above-the-line talent agreements, documentary and reality participant and access agreements, below-the-line crew agreements and other production related agreements.
You will be responsible for all legal matters during the course of development, production and marketing, including evaluating rights issues, confirming chain of title and handling clearance matters, guild issues, standards and practices review, and promotion and publicity issues. You will also analyze and interpret contracts and provide thoughtful legal advice on potential risks and issues in a wide range of international legal areas, including intellectual property, digital media, entertainment and labor, rights of publicity and regulatory compliance. Some travel, domestic and international, will be required.
· 5+ years of attorney experience in television development, production, and marketing, including drafting and negotiating contracts
· Experience in television development, production and marketing.
· Should have worked with a studio, production company, or an entertainment and media law firm, and must have extensive experience and strong skills in drafting and negotiating contracts.
· Strong legal and business judgment.
· Excellent written and oral communication skills in English.
· Excellent interpersonal skills to effectively communicate and coordinate complex issues and projects with diverse levels of management and employees.
· Excellent ability to analyze and assess business processes, spot issues and propose/implement solutions.
· Ability to function autonomously yet communicate laterally and upwardly with ease.
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We value your passion to discover, invent, simplify and build. Protecting your privacy and the security of your data is a longstanding top priority for Amazon. Please consult our Privacy Notice to know more about how we collect, use and transfer the personal data of our candidates.