SCIB is looking for a LEGAL SENIOR ANALYST, based in our MADRID office.
At Santander, you can be part of one of the largest transformations the World is experiencing in the past several decades. The emergence of disruptive platforms as a business model has reshaped other industries and is poised to do the same in financial services. To do so, we are transforming our Technology function, with 500+ new hires planned for this 2020.
This change is only possible with people like you, who will help us to raise the bar. We aim to bring technologists, passionate professionals who live and breathe technology, who will be constantly seeking different ways of doing things, learn a new language every year, keep old computer parts and reuse them in strange projects around the house, continually tinker with electronic gadgets of all sorts, and be considered the geekiest person around by all their friends and family. That might be a bit of exaggeration, but you get the idea of what we are looking for.
And on top of a meaningful job, we care about you. At Santander, this means creating a workplace that respects your individuality and supports you to enjoy life outside work. You will enjoy flexible working conditions, a global well-being program, BeHealthy, and will be entitled to spend a certain number of hours each month volunteering.
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING
As a Legal Senior Analyst, you will be providing legal advice to (a) the structured finance team (which originates commercial real estate loans, sublines, NAV facilities, as well as infrastructure and TMT financings), (b) the LBO team, (c) overseas offices looking to book deals in the GBP, (d) PDM and ACPM with the mobilization of assets and (e) (on a more ad hoc basis) the syndication loans team.
We need someone like you to help us in different fronts:
- Be heavily involved in the structuring and negotiation of the financings which are led/originated by the bank;
- Review and be actively involved in the negotiation of the transaction documents produced by external counsel (including the mandate letter, the term sheet, the syndication letter, the facilities agreement, the intercreditor agreement, the fee letters, the release and reliance letters) and ensure they align with the bank’s internal policies;
- Instruct, liaise and manage external counsel;
- Liaise and communicate effectively with the various stakeholders.
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR
- +5 years of experience as a finance lawyer in a bank or law firm.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Law.
SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE
- Good grasp of the LMA documentation in particular the leveraged, real estate and secondary debt trading documentation.
- Excellent oral and written level of English.
WHAT WE OFFER YOU
Welcome to #TheSantanderEffect. Here, with only a small action or a simple idea, you can do great things. We offer you the advantages and the means to contribute to the progress of more than 140 million people around the world. These are the key factors that multiply the actions of all our employees:
- Meaningful Impact – Where the effect of your work makes a difference and helps people to prosper
- Personal and Professional Growth – The chance to develop through world-class training, challenging work, and different roles
- Respect – Be part of an organization that cares – about its people, its wider community, and the environment
- Co-worker quality – Work with inspiring professionals who are leaders in their field
- Global stability – Work for a solid global organization that has successfully reinvented itself many times in its 160- year history.