LEGAL DEPARTMENT is looking for a LEGAL CYBERSECURITY ADVISOR, based in our MADRID office.
At Santander, you can be part of one of the largest transformations the World is experiencing in the past several decades. The emergence of disruptive platforms as a business model has reshaped other industries and is poised to do the same in financial services. To do so, we are transforming our Technology function, with 500+ new hires planned for this 2020.
This change is only possible with people like you, who will help us to raise the bar. We aim to bring technologists, passionate professionals who live and breathe technology, who will be constantly seeking different ways of doing things, learn a new language every year, keep old computer parts and reuse them in strange projects around the house, continually tinker with electronic gadgets of all sorts, and be considered the geekiest person around by all their friends and family. That might be a bit of exaggeration, but you get the idea of what we are looking for.
And on top of a meaningful job, we care about you. At Santander, this means creating a workplace that respects your individuality and supports you to enjoy life outside work. You will enjoy flexible working conditions, a global well-being program, BeHealthy, and will be entitled to spend a certain number of hours each month volunteering.
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING
As a Legal Cybersecurity Advisor, you will assist and provide legal advice and guidance with respect to Cybersecurity contracting, tools, policies and projects developed by the Cybersecurity area.
We need someone like you to help us in different fronts:
- Drafting and reviewing cybersecurity contracts, including assisting the Internal Affairs Legal Department in the negotiation of vendor and service provider contracts.
- Seek out opportunities to improve legal outcomes and internal/external processes based on legal or other trends and developments.
- Support Public Policy and Compliance department on legal aspects of policies and standards development. Keep up to date with the changing internal and external regulation that affects the cyber domain.
- Provide cybersecurity legal counsel to the teams and stakeholders across Cybersecurity area.
- Elaboration of Legal Newsletter about cyber events and legislative news at a global level.
- Assist in the coordination with subsidiaries
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR
- +2-4 years working as lawyer, including scope of contractual negotiation and cyber advisory.
- Bachelors or Master’s degree in law.
- MBA and/or additional degrees (Business Administration, Computing, etc.) is a plus
SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE
- English high level (C1)
- Being a team-player and get easily adapted to changes.
- Solid organizational skills including attention to detail and multi-tasking skills
- Communication skills: good in negotiation and analysis, with capability to identify solutions to unusual and complex problems
- Possibility to widen scope in Litigation.
WHAT WE OFFER YOU
Welcome to #TheSantanderEffect. Here, with only a small action or a simple idea, you can do great things. We offer you the advantages and the means to contribute to the progress of more than 140 million people around the world. These are the key factors that multiply the actions of all our employees:
- Meaningful Impact – Where the effect of your work makes a difference and helps people to prosper
- Personal and Professional Growth – The chance to develop through world-class training, challenging work, and different roles
- Respect – Be part of an organization that cares – about its people, its wider community, and the environment
- Co-worker quality – Work with inspiring professionals who are leaders in their field
- Global stability – Work for a solid global organization that has successfully reinvented itself many times in its 160- year history.