We are looking for a Labor & Employment Counsel Manager to Supports the Employment Law function at geography level (i.e. IBERIA with a strong focus on Spain) by providing employment-related legal advice, providing training and creating standard documentation, performing legal research, overseeing litigation and pre-litigation matters with external counsel, and drafting and revising materials on internal legal and transactional matters, which concern labor and employment law issues.
- Provide operational and strategic support to labour relations in the area, more specifically in Spain.
- Oversee and provide support to litigation and pre-litigation matters, in conjunction with Employee Relations team, business and external counsel.
- Contribute to development of internal guidelines, toolkits, and packaged knowledge on Employment legal and business issues for the region.
- Manage employment law projects in IBERIA, overseeing Employment attorneys in Spain and advising HR, Legal and management as appropriate.
- Provide operational and strategic support to outsourcing deals in IBERIA. Advise on contractual aspects of outsourcing deals, on the risk management, on the transition of staff into Accenture and on the impact of the outsourcing business to Accenture’s internal organisation.
- Provide Employment Law operational and strategic support to ventures and acquisitions in IBERIA, including through deal execution and PMI.
- Assure the quality of Employment law delivery in Spain by providing Employment support appropriate to needs and integrating external support as required.
- Manage and oversee outside counsel relationships with law firms in Spain including managing the budget.
- Act as legal advisor on Employment issues to executives in IBERIA (with a focus on Spain), including Legal professionals.
- Stay abreast of legal developments affecting the company, its clients, and industries and synthesise the information to incorporate it into company practices.
- Support, promote, and implement initiatives as part of Legal team.
- Counsel, guide, train and support junior through senior levels of Legal attorneys within region as appropriate.
- Educate senior company executives with regard to legal and risk management issues in the region.
- Make recommendations and escalate to the Senior Manager Employment Law IBERIA on material Employment issues.
- Work with colleagues from Legal as appropriate.
Reports to Senior Manager Employment Law IBERIA
Supervises: Coordinates external counsel
External Relationships: Outside law firms
Graduate level and Admitted to practice as a solicitor in Spain. Labor specialized master degree would be preferable but not strictly required.
- Significant experience of employment law in Spain, with limited requirement for direct supervision. At least 6 years of professional experience as Outside Council or Inhouse Lawyer in a multinational company.
- Strong experience in practicing employment law on European projects.
- Relevant experience to cover full range of Spanish employment law matters, including specifically:
Employment terms and conditions (e.g. pay and benefits, working time, termination, restrictive covenants).
Equality and diversity matters.
Grievances and Disciplinary matters.
Litigation and Dispute Resolution.
Trade unions/ collective rights.
Employment Status / Agency workers.
Project management of cross border initiatives.
- Strong experience advising management of large companies.
- Proven presentational and training capabilities.
Work Requirements: Limited travel required, primarily within the IBERIA region.
Knowledge and Skill Requirements:
- In depth knowledge of employment law issues in Spain as well as a strong experience with employment law projects in Europe is required.
- Ability to work closely with wide range of personnel, including frequent interaction with top-level executives.
- Ability to work with personnel both internally and externally across the world.
- Superior negotiation and litigation skills.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English.
- Ability to influence, strong executive presence.
- Able to present innovative, original solutions and to act as a strategic thinker.
- Responsive and follows through on commitments.
- Strong time management, prioritization, and organizational skills.
“Accenture is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all sections of society and does not discriminate on grounds of race, religion or belief, ethnic or national origin, disability, age, citizenship, marital, domestic or civil partnership status, sexual orientation, or gender identity”