Repsol is looking for a Senior Legal Counsel and a Legal Counsel to join the E&P Europe and Africa legal team based in Madrid, Spain advising the regional exploration and production business unit with activities in more than 5 countries .
- The Legal Counsels will proactively engage in the daily business activities of the company in Europe and Africa, providing first class legal assistance to the following functions: Supply Chain, Business Unit (development and production), Exploration,Acquisitions & Divestments, External Affairs and Commercial.
- The Legal Counsel’s responsibilities would typically include the following tasks:
- Assisting and providing legal advice to the various Business Unit on day-to-day matters and operations.
- Analyzing legal regulations and advising the Business Unit, as well as other Corporate Functions, on regular regulatory reporting duties,
- Business Development: support in negotiation of acquisitions and divestments of petroleum assets,
- Government relations: assist the Business Unit and exploration department of relations with federal and local governments, including license obligations and administrative procedures, negotia
tion of government contracts and joint venture agreements
- Corporate Matters: execute corporate secretary functions for relevant legal entities such as effectuating appropriate corporate governance, by-laws, incorporation of companies, statutory re
forms, powers of attorney, corporate restructuring, capital increase, etc.,
- Assisting on registration and deregistration of branches and companies in various countries.
- Supply Chain Management: drafting and custodian of model contracts, intellectual property, assistance in negotiation with contractors, assistance in relation to tenders, advice in relation to per
formance, termination and suspension of procurement contracts, etc.
- Litigation: prosecution and supervision of legal disputes and claims: judicial, contentious administrative and arbitral.
- Seek and manage advice from outside counsel.
- The nature of the Company’s business requires the Legal Counsel to be business and results oriented, flexible and openminded in hers/his approach to the job. The Company may require the Legal Counsels, from time to time, to carry out different or additional duties within hers/his skills and/or competences.
- The Legal Counsel will be expected to undergo such training as is appropriate to enable employees to develop in her/his respective role.
- Law degree (master’s degree preferable)
- The candidate is a lawyer (admitted to the bar) with post qualification experience of 3 to 7 years in the energy sector and/or construction industry, in international law firms or companies. Experience in oil and gas, corporate background and will be advantageous.
- Dynamic, proactive and motivated person. Able to work independently and in teams. Good communication skills.
- Availability to travel.
- Languages: English proficiency level. Spanish and French is a plus.
Advise and defend the interests of the Business Units and Corporate—Divisions, within his or her area of technical expertise, in developin