Ryanair Holdings plc, Europe’s largest airline group, is the parent company of Buzz, Lauda, Malta Air & Ryanair DAC. Carrying over 154 m guests p.a. on more than 2,400 daily flights from 82 bases, the group connects over 200 destinations in 40 countries on a fleet of over 475 aircraft, with a further 210 Boeing 737’s on order, which will enable the Ryanair Group to lower fares and grow traffic to 200m p.a. by FY24. Ryanair has a team of over 19,000 highly skilled aviation professionals delivering Europe’s No.1 on-time performance, and an industry leading 34-year safety record. Ryanair is Europe’s greenest cleanest airline group and customers switching to fly Ryanair can reduce their CO₂ emissions by up to 50% compared to the other Big 4 EU major airlines.
We are inviting applications for the position of Paralegal Admin Support Specialist. The purpose of this position is to assist in the smooth running of the Ryanair operation. The successful candidate will be hard working, energetic, self-motivated with a natural ability in problem solving.
At Ryanair, our significant growth has led to more support and advice being sought from our Customer Service Legal team.
We are currently recruiting for an enthusiastic claims Paralegal Admin Support Specialist to support the management, coordination and processing of consumer legal claims.
- Supporting the Paralegal team in closing settled cases
- Responsible for evidence gathering and the preparation of legal files, both settle and defense
- Helping with the performance management of the case load to include the accountability of the Lawyers to win cases.
- Responsibility for responding to legal written correspondence in line with the Customer Service Department’s service levels and procedures
- Understand and interpret legal claims and court correspondence
- Working to deadlines in a dynamic environment
- Liaising with Lawyers, Courts and Legal Bodies on a regular basis
- Reporting and communicating to management on problems which arise and suggest solutions on how to overcome them
- You will also provide regular support to our Customer Service Legal team on EU261 legislation, case law and any other consumer law matters, keep our records, databases and systems maintained up to date and ensure the timely payment of legal claims
- Occasional adhoc duties will be required to support the team
What are we offering?
This is a great opportunity to be part of a busy Customer Service Legal function at Europe’s number one airline, be involved in strategic decisions making, where you will gain significant exposure to both internal and external senior stakeholders and a real breadth of legal experience in a multicultural environment.
The position will be based at our office in central Madrid.
- Previous experience in a similar Customer Service role would be a distinct advantage
- Fluency in English and another European language German, Spanish, Italian, French or Polish (spoken and written) would be an advantage
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Office suite
- Excellent organizational, written and verbal communication skills
- Must have flexible approach and ability to remain diplomatic and tactful whilst working under pressure
- Energetic and enthusiastic individual looking to thrive and progress in an expanding company
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Detail orientated; ability to complete large volume of work quickly