As the tech firm that build the mobile world, and with more than 54,000 patents to our name, we’ve made it our business to make a mark. When joining our team at Ericsson you are empowered to learn, lead and perform at your best, crafting the future of technology. This is a place where you’re encouraged as your own perfectly outstanding self, and celebrated for the skills, talent, and perspective you bring to the team.
Come, and be where it begins!
Our Exciting Opportunity
We are looking for an In-House Legal Counsel, reporting to the Head of Legal in GCU Telefónica & CU Iberia to achieve and maintain a high level of competence within the field of commercial law and to ensure that the purpose and objectives of the Ericsson Group, GCU Telefónica & CU Iberia, and Group Function Legal Affairs are fulfilled within Market Area Europe and Latin America
In-House Legal Counsel, reporting to the Head of Legal in GCU Telefónica & CU Iberia in MELA would be responsible mainly for supporting activities in Spain and Portugal and those of Global Customer Unit Telefónica worldwide. The candidate should be based in Madrid (Spain).
The main responsibilities of the GCU Telefonica & CU Iberia In-House Legal Counsel are to:
- Ensure that Group, GCU/CU and MELA policies and directives are fulfilled;
- Monitor and follow up on GCU/CU related claims and litigations;
- Hire, engage and coordinate with external lawyers used by Ericsson legal entities active in Iberia;
- Assist in CU Iberia and GCU Telefónica business related deals with relevant stakeholders (Sales, Sourcing, GFLA, etc.), mainly drafting and reviewing contracts of various types and negotiating such contracts with counterparties.
- Support other units within GCU/CU, MELA and Group Function Legal Affairs
- Be readily available so that the internal clients requesting legal assistance are provided good and effective legal support.
- Continuously develop appropriate and more efficient methods and tools for providing legal support and generally improve quality of and reduce costs for legal services provided.
- In concert with business responsible staff, review and develop business models and ways of conducting business with the aim to increase efficiency and quality and to facilitate for the client to achieve its business goals.
- Work proactively by providing working tools, training etc to improve the general legal awareness
- Report matters to the Head of Legal in GCU Telefonica & CU Iberia
- Shall independently and with great integrity handle all matters set out herein and have access to all information necessary to carry out his or her responsibilities.
Your main work tasks will be
- Drafting and reviewing of contracts and other instruments including models and templates.
- Assist during contract negotiations and other discussions with external parties whether private or public.
- Provide general legal advice and training on legal matters.
- Provide support on all kind of legal matters except tax.
- Interpret existing agreements and legislation.
- Be the interfaces to the local business operations in all commercial legal matters
- Handle contacts with external legal advisers and coordinate contacts and network with other Ericsson’s in-house lawyers.
- Coordinate the handling of legal disputes.
- Represent Ericsson locally in government related activities, provided such activities have legal relevance.
To be successful in the role you must have
- Master of Law.
- Deep knowledge and competence in Spanish private and public law and proven experience with international commercial law
- Qualified to practice as lawyer in Spain
- Minimum 10 years of relevant professional experience whether as inhouse counsel or at a law firm
- Fluency in Spanish and English is a must.
- Good ability to handle and stand stress.
- Good networking ability and great social skills including the ability to handle internal contacts, external counsel and counter parties.
- Excellent negotiation skills.
- Proven International experience and cultural awareness. Previous experience in the Telecom and IT sectors and in multinational corporate environments will be a valued asset.
- Ability to independently handle and managing legal matters and/or resources
- High integrity and accountability
- Good communication skills including demonstrated ability to synthetize and translate into common language the legal terminology and concepts.
- Capability to make the right prioritizations
- Driven team player with networking skills who initiates and drives changes
- Proven ability to gain respect from clients as well as external parties.
- Ability to lead and manage large and complex projects
- Proven ability not only to analyze and understand details in specific matters and transactions but also to apply legal, business and financial aspects from a Group perspective
- Test ability to solve complicated problems, which require careful analysis and considerable legal skills and judgment.
What´s in it for you?
Here at Ericsson, our culture is built on over a century of fearless decisions! With us, you will be redefining dreams of what the future holds. We won’t develop for the status quo, but will build what replaces it. Ericsson is a speak-up environment where empathy and humanness serve as cornerstones for how we work, and where work-life balance is a priority. Welcome to an inclusive, global company where your chance to create an impact is endless.
What We Offer
Competitive Salary Package & Rich benefits package (private medical care for employee, life insurance, lunch voucher).
What happens once your application
Our managers and recruiters will review all CVs and make a selection. The candidates who best match the criteria for the position will then move on to the next step in the process – the interview.
Unfortunately, due to that we often receive a large number of applications we don’t always have openness to speak to all candidates but please know that we work hard on getting back to you in a timely manner, in person or by email.
Ericsson is diverse, inclusive and cooperation teams drive performance and innovation.
We provide equal employment opportunities without regard to race, color, gender, sexual orientation, transgender status, gender identity and/or expression, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, religion, political opinion, nationality, ethnic background, social origin, social status, disability, age, union membership or employee representation and any other characteristic protected by local law or Ericsson’s Code of Business Ethics.
Do you believe that an organization fostering an environment of cooperation and collaboration to execute with speed creates better business value? Do you value a culture of humanness, where fact based decisions are important and our people are encouraged to speak up? Do you believe that diverse, inclusive teams drive performance and innovation? At Ericsson, we do.
We provide equal employment opportunities without regard to race, color, gender, sexual orientation, transgender status, gender identity and/or expression, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, religion, political opinion, nationality, ethnic background, social origin, social status, indigenous status, disability, age, union membership or employee representation and any other characteristic protected by local law or Ericsson’s Code of Business Ethics.