Applicants are required to read, write, and speak the following languages: Spanish
General Function: To provide a full range of in-house legal services as part of an existing team with emphasis on support to Sales Functions.
• Responsible for legal support to specific Line of Business and/or industry sectors
• Liaison with Business Practices, Approvals, Deal Management and Revenue Recognition organizations
• Provide training and updates to other departments as necessary
• Implementing legal policies and business practices
2. Legal Functions
• Draft, vet and negotiate major/non-standard agreements
• Localize and develop model standard agreements/clauses
• Advise the Business on structure of contractual relationship, including appropriate documents to use
• Respond to ad-hoc queries, providing appropriate solutions
• Work closely with lawyers throughout Oracle
• Identify, analyze and evaluate risks
• Advise on compliance with Oracle business practices, policies, procedures and law
• Interface with selected external lawyers as required
• Participate in EMEA-wide initiatives as required
• Provide input into new policies and practices
• Management of disputes/litigation
3. Required Skills
• Native Spanish; fluency in English
• High-level legal drafting skills (English is a plus)
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Negotiation skills
• Presentation skills
• Creative thinking and problem solving
• Commercial outlook
• Ability to perform under pressure
• Develop understanding of Oracle´s products and services
• Develop understanding of Oracle’s business requirements and policies
4. Minimum job requirements
• Professional legal qualification for Spain.
• 2-5 years relevant experience.
• IT industry experience is required.
As part of Oracle’s employment process candidates will be required to complete a pre-employment screening process, prior to an offer being made. This will involve identity and employment verification, salary verification, professional references, education verification and professional qualifications and memberships (if applicable).
Detailed Description and Job Requirements
Provide legal support across all lines of business enabling profitable growth while mitigating legal risks and assure adherence to governance policies, ethics, and country specific laws and regulations
Responsible for providing legal advice to the organization. Close liaison to business in providing a variety of corporate and commercial legal services. May perform litigation on Oracle’s behalf or coordinates litigation and other legal, administrative or investigative actions handled by outside counsel. May draft, review, and negotiate major and/or non-standard technology contracts with public and private sector customers, including licensing agreements, professional services agreements, and cloud services agreements. May advise on legal issues involving government and regulatory compliance. Responds to ad hoc queries to include identification, analysis, and evaluation of risks in order to provide appropriate legal solutions. Works closely with other lawyers throughout Oracle and coordinates legal matters handled by outside lawyers. Demonstrates deep general commercial or functional knowledge across a sub discipline within the individual’s specialty area(s), (e.g., general corporate law, antitrust/competition law, securities compliance and regulatory, employment law, immigration law, cloud transactions, data privacy, risk management asset-backed financing, contract management, intellectual property, trade secrets, advertising law, registration and other resolutions specific to the computer and technology industry)
Job duties are varied and complex utilizing independent judgment. May have project lead role. 5+ years related experience. Bachelors degree in computer science, computer engineering, or similar background is a plus for roles within certain sub disciplines. Completed law degree and member of bar association in relevant jurisdictions. Excellent legal skills and business judgment in areas of responsibility. Proficient writing skills.
As part of Oracle’s employment process candidates will be required to successfully complete a pre-employment screening process. This will involve identity and employment verification, professional references, education verification and professional qualifications and memberships (if applicable).