This is a 12 month Fixed-Term Contract (FTC) position starting in September/October.
- Master’s degree in Law field from a Spanish University
- Currently pursuing legal bar qualifications.
- Work experience in a law firm, media/technology company or EU institution.
- Ability to speak and write English and Spanish fluently and idiomatically.
- Experience in legal analysis and research.
- Experience in data protection, Copyright, technology or media law.
- Experience building relationships and communicating with people at all levels.
- Experience working on numerous projects simultaneously in a fast-paced environment.
- Knowledge of technology and IT-relevant legal problems and recent developments.
About the job
As a Legal Trainee, you will play an important role in helping us respond to some of the legal challenges of the information age. You will get an insight into a variety of legal challenges related to Google products, learning to expect the unexpected while promoting the development of internet law in an unconventional environment. In this role, you will enhance your organizational skills, attention to detail, and adaptability, while also getting the opportunity to demonstrate that you have sound legal judgment, can learn quickly in a fast-paced international environment and can communicate confidently at all levels.
20th century laws don’t always solve 21st century problems, and Google Legal crafts innovative approaches for handling some of the toughest legal challenges of the information age. Whether you’re a patent attorney, an intellectual property expert or an engineer headed to law school, Google Legal lets you take on unanswered legal quandaries and create new precedents. Our innovative services raise challenging questions that demand creative and practical answers. We provide those answers by working at the crossroads of the law and new technology, helping Google build innovative and important products for users around the world.
- Respond to various legal requests from users and third-parties in relation to Google services and resolving internal escalations.
- Assist the Legal team in the preparation and management of court actions and in the analysis of lawsuits filed against Google.
- Assist in a variety of projects, such as the localization of new Google Products, marketing assessments and the review and drafting of agreements.
- Conduct research on a variety of legal topics including the Right To Be Forgotten (GDPR), Copyright, consumer regulations, media regulations, and advertising.
- Participate in the creation and maintenance of internal knowledge databases for the Legal team.
Google is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. See also Google’s EEO Policy and EEO is the Law. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing this form.