Are you dynamic, a keen innovator, a trend setter, or a disruptive thinker? Then Kellogg Europe is the place for you because at Kellogg’s we focus on agility, growth and innovation.
As the number one most trusted food and drink brand in the UK and the 3rd most reputable food and drink brand in Europe we have much to be proud of. We have a huge portfolio of over 1,600 tasty foods which includes iconic brands such as Corn Flakes, Special K, Pringles, and Crunchy Nut.
We also believe that our competitive advantage comes from our people. We say it often, because it is true. Our K Values are part of our DNA -we are a company with a heart and soul, and our people care just as much. Our talented teams are encouraged to bring their best selves to work each day.
Kellogg is a diverse Employer, a gold member of the Lead Network, dedicated to meaningfully accelerate gender parity and drive inclusion in the European retail & FMCG value chain and committed to reaching 50:50 gender representation for all Leadership level roles by 2025.
Flexible working will mean different things to you based on your personal needs, the requirements of your role and how this supports you in achieving your goals at both work and home. We offer a range of options to work flexibly and conversations about flexible working are welcomed so please feel free to discuss at your interview.
We are also hugely committed to the communities that we work in and strive to give back as our founder did – you’ll see this in the school breakfast clubs programme and volunteering activities that we encourage all our employees to participate in.
A career with us is exciting. Our modern and collaborative workspace and inclusive culture at our offices in Spain reflects that.
Apply and come join our team!
An extremely exciting opportunity has arisen to join the Legal Department as a business lawyer in the Iberia & Italy Legal Department on a temporary basis. We are looking for a likeminded individual to join our team of passionate, proactive, highly motivated and driven individuals supporting our Italian and Iberia business.
We are looking for an individual who demonstrates technical brilliance, commercial acumen and a true passion for our iconic global brand. Our lawyers play a key role in the business ensuring legal compliance whilst having a real seat at the table with regard to commercial decisions. We are looking for someone who can temporarily fulfil the role of a technically excellent lawyer along with the ability to make a real commercial contribution to the organisation. The successful candidate will be expected to drive day to day business matters with a focus on commercial contracts, advertising and media law, but with potential responsibilities on Labour & employment and Competition Law as well.
The Iberia& Italy Legal Team is a fun, friendly and energised department, and the role is based in Madrid. You will be reporting directly into the Iberia & Italy Legal Director and you will have the chance to work directly with colleagues sitting in other jurisdictions
WHAT WILL I BE DOING?
In your role as Senior Legal Counsel, you will contribute to the success of the Kellogg business by:
- Providing proactive solution focused legal advice tailored to the needs of the business;
- Drafting, reviewing and negotiating commercial contracts across a broad spectrum of areas including general procurement, IT and media relationships;
- Proactively identifying legal risk and providing commercially sound legal solutions.
- Reviewing and approving all media activity including all advertising including social media, POS and press releases. Proactively providing legally complaint solutions where appropriate;
- Supporting the Sales Team in customer negotiations and contracts;
- Providing the company secretarial support required with minimum supervision;
- Create and deliver training tailored to the business on areas which include competition law, effective contracting and intellectual property;
- Sit on project teams for key business projects. Providing proactive solution focused legal advice throughout the life time of the project;
- Play a key role in the Iberia & Italy Legal Team and the wider European Legal Team, as a keen team player, contributing to the growth and constant evolution of the Global Legal and Compliance Department.
WHAT DO I NEED TO DEMONSTRATE?
At Kellogg Company we recruit the most talented and motivated individuals to help to grow our business and build on our success. To be considered for this position you must be able to meet the following requirements:
- A qualified commercial/IP lawyer in a European country with at least 5 years post qualification experience (higher seniority will be considered) in a reputable law firm or within industry;
- Spain language command and extensive experience with Spanish regulation is a must. You also need a very high level of English language. English is the official language of the company in all our communications. Italian language skills are highly desirable;
- Strong academic background;
- Technical excellence in your understanding and communication of the law;
- Experience in advertising and media law;
- Excellent commercial awareness and strong relationship development skills;
- The ability to communicate with all levels of the business and influence key stakeholders;
- The ability to work cross functionally and across all levels;
- True team player with a down to earth manner who drives to contribute to the success of the team and the organisation;
- You need to be comfortable with working in a virtual team with stakeholders sitting in different locations: Madrid, Milan and other European locations, but also with colleagues in the US;
- Experience of working in a fast-paced demanding legal environment;
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills (including drafting and negotiating) and organisational skills;
- Self-motivated and driven to develop legal capabilities and understand the Kellogg business;
- Personal presence and professional ability to take ownership of projects as an individual contributor, be confident and firm with legal positions.
- Experience of advising food manufacturers;
- Experience of advising big brands;
- Advertising law experience;
- Food law experience;
- Secondment to industry if currently in private practice;
- Italian language skills