Vestas Mediterranean (MED) is an independent Sales Business Unit (SBU) within Vestas Wind Systems A/S, covering markets in the Mediterranean region, Latin America, the Caribbean, North & West Africa and Middle East. The SBU is divided into four Sub-Regions, Latam North, Latam South, South Europe & Turkey (SEU&T) and MENA.
The position is a Regional one, dealing mainly with corporate, general legal matters and litigation directly in Spain and supervising the same matters in the rest of the countries in the Region.
The Legal Department provides legal counsel in relation to the sales and service sales transactions of the Sales Unit which include negotiating and drafting the transactions documents as well as agreements with the different stakeholders to reach those goals. Legal issues related to the Sales Unit are also taken care of by the Department, including corporate, contract management, litigation.
Reporting to the MED Regional Counsel, the key tasks are the following, to be deployed directly for Spain and in coordination/supervision with the rest of the legal team for the rest of the countries in MED:
– Assist in the finalization and signature of all the corporate documents (By Laws, Article of Associations, PoAs, replacement/substitution of proxy holders, notarization processes);
– Taking care of the creation/closing of all the new corporate entities in the MED Region according to the business needs;
– Providing legal counseling for general legal matters, including on the GDPR;
– Provide legal counselling to management with respect to current and future wind sector law & regulations impacts.
– Ensuring that the relevant corporate governance is timely and properly applied.
– Ensuring in coordination with the team that a controlled process is run, including that all – internal and external – deliverables are identified early and that responsibility for discharge of task is allocated and accepted and that timelines are complied with;
– Ensuring a continuous and and efficient communication flow with the Corporate Headquarter on all the matters above.
We are looking for someone with:
•Law Degree (postgraduate) in Spain.
•Relevant working experience (2-4 years at minimum) in handling corporate, general legal matters and litigations
•Strong proficiency in spoken and written English and Spanish. Another European language is appreciated.Computer literate (MS Office).
•Strong ethical principles and compliance focus
•Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
•Holistic business understanding, high organizational skills and flexibility.
•Capacity to work in team and coordinate other members of the team in the countries, without a direct reporting line
Vestas provides an open, respectful, and global culture, attractive compensation package, and long-term career development. Choose us, choose a brilliant future! To meet business growth needs, Vestas needs a lot of talents to join us.
We care about and respect all employees and will offer attractive benefits which include: on-the-job training, a good platform for professional and personal development, a bonus program, colorful team activities, etc.
We emphasize developing both personal and professional skills. In return, we expect you to go the extra mile to achieve results.
Vestas is the energy industry’s global partner on sustainable energy solutions. We design, manufacture, install, and service wind turbines across the globe, and with more than 113 GW of wind turbines in 81 countries, we have installed more wind power than anyone else.
Through our industry-leading smart data capabilities and unparalleled more than 96 GW of wind turbines under service, we use data to interpret, forecast, and exploit wind resources and deliver best-in-class wind power solutions.
Together with our customers, Vestas’ more than 25.000 employees are bringing the world sustainable energy solutions to power a bright future.
Vestas promotes a diverse workforce which embraces all social identities and is free of any discrimination. We commit to create and sustain an environment that acknowledges and harvests different experiences, skills and perspectives, and gives everyone equal access to opportunity.
We invite you to learn more about Vestas by visiting our website at www.vestas.com and following us on our social media channels.