Amazon Web Services (AWS) is at the forefront of the cloud computing and service industry providing IT infrastructure services such as on-demand compute capacity, storage, content delivery, database services, artificial intelligence and machine learning, and more.
We are looking for a legal counsel to support the AWS Spain and AWS Portugal sales and marketing teams.
The successful candidate will be responsible for drafting, negotiating and advising on strategic technology service agreements with enterprise customers and partners and provide legal support for local and regional services and initiatives. Typical transactions will range from standard contracts to complex, high-value agreements. The role includes participating in other legal team projects, including managing legal issues that arise in existing commercial relationships and handling customer and client inquiries.
We are looking for candidates who are innovative, progressive, hands-on, and highly customer-obsessed professionals. Developing innovative solutions to better serve our customers and clients is part of our daily business.
This role will be based in Madrid, Spain. Some travel may be required.
· Exceptional academic qualifications
· Significant post-qualification legal experience (6+ years), ideally with at least 4 years in private practice
· Strong transactional experience, including drafting and negotiating commercial contracts
· High degree of independence, initiative, decisiveness and creative thinking, as well as a desire to be challenged
· Excellent interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to be a partner to business stakeholders
· Highest standards of ethics and professional integrity
· Great business judgment
· Ability to prioritize in a fast-moving environment
· Knowledge of contracting laws, rules, and regulations in Spain
· Professional level fluency in Spanish and English (written and spoken)
· Experience with IT transactions, including technology service and licensing agreements
· Familiarity with cloud computing services, outsourcing and telecommunications
· In-house experience at a technology company or in a private practice technology group
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We value your passion to discover, invent, simplify and build. We welcome applications from all members of society irrespective of age, sex, disability, sexual orientation, race, religion or belief.