Tokio Marine HCC is a leading specialty insurance group with offices in the United States, the United Kingdom, Europe, Ireland, and other exciting locations. With the strength and stability that comes from being a member of the Tokio Marine group, and more than forty years of growth, profitability, and stability, we offer important insurance products that most people don’t even know exist.
Just as we invest in our company, we invest in our employees’ careers. We provide our employees a collaborative and rewarding environment within which to gain the knowledge, skills, and experience that lead to a rewarding career. Our products allow our customers to take on opportunity with confidence. In turn, our competitive salaries, attractive benefits, and potential for career growth allow you to take on opportunity with confidence.
(Senior) Claims Handler / Counsel fluent English
As a Senior Claims Counsel / Claims Counsel, based in our Barcelona office, you will form part of a dynamic team of professionals that focus on managing and analysing claims on stand-alone Warranty & Indemnity policies, Directors and Officers policies (including coverage for Employment Practices) issued to SME or large companies, claims on blended policies (E&O, Crime, D&O) issued to Financial Institutions and claims on E&O policies issued principally to Lawyers, Accountants and Architects and Cyber policies.
- Review and establish claim files in our claims system
- Prepare coverage positions, explain and defend them vis a vis brokers / client
- Monitor the development of claims and where appropriate assign counsel and manage the litigation
- Prepare reports for Management with respect to reserves, case developments and various claim trends
- Support underwriting team by communicating to them claim trends and developments and assisting them in developing to appropriate underwriting responses.
- Attend settlement conferences
- Ideally two to five years’ experience handling claims
- Law studies
- Fluent English speaker. Additional languages a plus.
- Good organizational skills and analytical skills
- Willing to take responsibility and show initiative
- Good negotiation capabilities and good communication skills
- Problem solving
- Service oriented
- Ability to work well under stress
- Resourceful hard worker, taking pride in work
- Consistent and reliable
- Team player