Would you like to be part of this transformation and assist bp in delivering this strategy by leading a valuable compliance regime? If yes, and this sounds like an outstanding opportunity for you, please check more on this role!
The Compliance Manager will be dedicated to implement an effective and consistent compliance program in Trading & Shipping (T&S) Madrid. The primary components of the role are to act as a subject matter professional on Spanish regulation, providing accurate, consistent, and timely advice and mentorship to the business. The role will collaborate closely with the Compliance team in London to ensure positive relationships and knowledge sharing across teams and regions.
Key accountabilities will include:
- Implementing and embedding adequate policies and procedures for the supervision of the business in accordance with Comision Nacional del Mercado de Valores (CNMV) Rules, including relevant requirements of MiFID II and EMIR. This will include (but is not limited to): processes for the management of conflicts of interest; personal account dealing; the approval of materials for the marketing of financial products; best execution; investment research; information to clients; record keeping; taking care of customer complaints and reporting.
- Reporting to the CNMV in accordance with regulatory requirements and collaborating closely with Regulators and Exchanges to ensure that all compliance requirements are met.
- Preparing adequate management information and reporting to the Board of the Regulated Entity in Madrid on all matters relating to the compliance programme. Working together with internal audit.
- Reviewing and assuring new business activities taking place and ensuring relevant governance standards are met.
- Supervising and reviewing trading activity in Madrid to ensure compliance, including the Market Abuse Directive (MAR) and Regulation on Energy Market Integrity and Transparency (REMIT) and Exchange requirements.
- Training Staff on regulatory and compliance requirements and BP’s standards and procedures related to trading compliance.
- Supervising regulatory developments in Spain and at an EU level in so far as they impact T&S Madrid office and advising the business on the vital steps required to ensure continued compliance with law and regulation.
- Developing and maintaining a strong understanding of business activities and T&S strategy in Madrid.
- Providing Anti-Money Laundering and Anti-Bribery and Corruption advice and analysis.
- Leading all aspects of a risk-based monitoring programme in Madrid and ensure that record keeping supports actions taken and any recommendations made.
- A deep knowledge and understanding of Spanish financial and trading regulations, exchange rules, relevant laws and regulations.
To make this happened, you should have:
- Expertise in the Spanish financial regulatory arena, with particular emphasis on compliance, control or legal matters
- Ability to understand and synthesize legal and regulatory concepts and translate for business partners
- Support and delivery of training materials. Detailed CNMV compliance and ABC and AML knowledge is crucial for the role. Exposure and knowledge of the regulatory change is advantageous.
- Proficiency in Spanish and English language, written and spoken
- Strong interpersonal skills – capable of adopting a variety of styles to achieve the desired result
- Strong work ethic and ability to work creatively to achieve identified goals, both individually and as a phenomenal teammate working in a global function
- Problem-solving skills with ability to see the next step and follow through on operational detail
At bp, we provide phenomenal environment & benefits such as an open and inclusive culture, a great work-life balance, learning and development opportunities to craft your career path, life & health insurance, medical care package, and many others benefits!