Amazon’s Legal Department is looking for a talented public procurement lawyer to support Amazon Web Services (AWS) and other Amazon businesses selling to public sector customers throughout the Europe, Middle East and Africa (EMEA) region, with a primary focus on supporting AWS public sector sales and procurement compliance in Spain. AWS is at the forefront of the “cloud” computing industry providing IT/ICT infrastructure services such as on-demand compute capacity, storage, content delivery, database services, browsers, and more to private and public sector customers.
You will be responsible for reviewing, negotiating, and drafting a wide range of technology contracts and subcontracts with public and private sector customers, including licensing, teaming, reseller and framework agreements and responses to requests for proposals and tenders. You will also develop and support internal policies and training programs relating to public procurement compliance.
In this role, you will work directly with the business, providing day-to-day advice for senior executives and other business members on government contracting issues, resolving queries that arise in existing relationships, and handling pre-litigation legal disputes and inquiries. The successful candidate will be proactive, entrepreneurial, enjoy being challenged, have strong written and oral communication skills, and demonstrate sound, pragmatic judgment in ambiguous situations.
This position may be based in our office in Madrid. Some international travel will be required.
· Admitted to practice law in Spain.
· Minimum 5 years of transactional legal experience.
· Previous work experience in a law firm or in-house at a technology company.
· Knowledge of EU public procurement directives, rules, and procedures.
· Experience engaging with government contracting officials, system integrators, prime contractors, subcontractors, and resellers in Spain.
· Professional fluency in Spanish and English, written and spoken.
· Any additional European language is a plus.
· Knowledge of local and national government procurement processes and contracting laws, rules, and regulations in Spain.
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We value your passion to discover, invent, simplify and build. We welcome applications from all members of society irrespective of age, sex, disability, sexual orientation, race, religion or belief.