A third of the food produced in the world is wasted. And that has a huge impact on the health of our planet, 8% of greenhouse gas emissions coming from food waste!
At Too Good To Go, we have an ambitious goal: To inspire and empower everyone to fight food waste together. We are the world’s #1 app for fighting food waste. We work with thousands of restaurants and food retailers to make their surplus food available to local consumers. The magic of Too Good To Go has been spreading rapidly across Europe and now also the US, with more than 70 million meals saved globally.
As our Global Legal Counsel you will be a part of a Global Legal Team, supporting 16 countries and counting. You will help raise the bar on support to a hyper-growth company on a great mission and supporting our expansion strategy. The Global Legal Team has members in different European countries and in the US and we look to add another member in either Berlin, Madrid, Milan or London. Which of the four cities will be decided by where the perfect candidate is.
You will play a vital role in supporting key internal stakeholders throughout our organisation and as a part of the Global Legal Team you will be directly involved in dialogue and negotiations with suppliers, vendors, external counsels and not least stakeholders from our own departments.
You should be excited about working in a fast-growing social-impact company and have experience with managing a legal role in an internal stakeholder environment. In addition, you will be part of an expanding and supportive Global Legal Team.
- Being a part of supporting Too Good To Go and the Global Legal Team with regulatory and contractual issues.
- As a part of the Global Legal Team, play a key role in supporting all our countries with legal assistance in connection with vendor and contract management, including drafting and negotiating vendor contracts and scaling our support to the organisation in this area.
- Support our Key Account team with negotiations of partner contracts.
- Playing a key role in building and maintaining a fruitful and cooperative relationship with other departments and stakeholders.
- Reviewing and negotiating various types of agreements, including SaaS/PaaS contracts, lease-agreements, MSAs, confidentiality agreements etc.
- Helping drafting, maintaining and updating various legal templates such as vendor contracts, consent forms, consultancy agreements etc.
- Creating legal and compliance processes designed for scalability.
- Playing a key role in Too Good To Go’s persistent expansion to new countries and continents.
- Providing day-to-day legal advice to Too Good To Go
- Min. 4+ years relevant experience in a similar role. Experience from start-up or scale-up and hyper-growth companies is a big plus.
- Hands-on experience with management of personal data compliance and development and maintenance of internal structures related to data protection requirements in a multi-jurisdictional company.
- Structured and sense for details.
- Full professional proficiency English.
- Ability to work and thrive in a high-growth, fast-paced environment.
- A proactive, positive and solution oriented mindset.
- Ability to work independently.
- You know how to prioritize and have a service-minded and curious personality.
- Definitely a good sense of humor.
- We fight together: Food waste is a big beast to fight. We can do it if we fight together as Waste Warriors with no ego. We believe in a #oneteam.
- We raise the bar:We always push for more. We work smart, smash barriers and elevate one another.
- We keep it simple: Our ambitions are bold but our solutions are simple.
- We build a legacy: We’re proud of the change we’re driving.
- We care: We always look out for each other. Caring is also about the way we do business. We do the right thing.
What we have to offer
- A rare opportunity to work in a global social impact company (and certified B Corporation) where you get to wake up every day knowing you’re achieving positive change.
- The experience of being part of an international company with more than 950 enthusiastic and highly talented teammates across 16 countries and counting – always ready to share knowledge and support!
- Strong personal as well as professional development in an intense and high-growth scale-up environment.
- A possibility to be influential in a fairly new company with few predefined processes.
- An open company culture where you have room for independence and creativity.
- A strong team culture where successes are celebrated together.
How to apply
- Submit your CV, cover letter and a one-way video-screeningas soon as possible in English
- Please note that we only accept applications coming through our platform. No CV or cover letter will be accepted by email or LinkedIn direct messaging.
- Please also check our website and international media in order to get a good overview of Too Good To Go.
A Movement for Everyone
We want to inspire and empower everyone to fight food waste together. With that mission, it’s only natural that we want to build a diverse and inclusive team of highly capable individuals who are passionate about doing things in a better way. We strongly believe we all excel and are more creative when we’re allowed to be ourselves, and we’re committed to a culture where all of us belong.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need. If you need reasonable accommodation at any point in the application or interview process, please let us know.