Linklaters specialises in advising the world’s leading companies, financial institutions and governments on their most challenging transactions and assignments. With offices in major business and financial centres, we deliver an outstanding service to our clients anywhere in the world.
Linklaters’ global TMT practice is broad and deals with all aspects of major technology contracts, outsourcing, and offshoring, information management compliance and data protection, e-business and IT security, telecoms and media. The firm’s reputation for handling TMT disputes is also outstanding.
Our leading TMT practice and lawyers are top ranked by a number of independent legal guides for expertise in a number of jurisdictions.
The firm’s separate TMT and IP practices are closely aligned to form a global team. In addition, a number of Linklaters offices have specialist TMT/IP teams within Corporate and other groups.
Key Responsibilities and Challenges:
- Taking initial instructions internally or externally, delegating where appropriate.
- Research, due diligence and information management.
- Drafting and reviewing documentation, demonstrating familiarity with precedents and market standards.
Client Relationship Management
- Taking a lead role in advising the client under appropriate supervision.
- Providing commercial and legal advice to the client
- Demonstrating thorough market knowledge to identify current trends and concerns in relevant industry sectors. Able to present ideas to the client to resolve current market issues and anticipate potential problems.
Characteristics and Skills required
- Able to maintain a polite and professional demeanour when dealing with clients
- Networking skills
- Organisational skills.
- Ability to communicate assertively when under pressure.
- Ability to influence using appropriate techniques.
- Innovative and practical
- Team player
- Commercially minded
- Motivates others
- Between 1 and 2 years post qualification experience in the technology, media and telecommunications field.
- Demonstrable expertise in data protection, outsourcing, commercial contracts and technology
- You will have a broad range of commercial telecoms experience, ideally including international regulatory experience, and a keen interest in aspects of TMT law.
- Drafting and negotiating a wide range of documentation across several product areas, including outsourcing agreements, software licence and development agreements, network services arrangements and commercial satellite agreements.
- Delivering advice on telecommunications regulatory issues.
- Ability to leverage IT tools and resources to further the exchange of high-quality know how
- Experience of client/business relationships
This list of duties and responsibilities above is not exhaustive. It is intended to describe the general content of, and requirements for, the performance of this job. As such, the role may also include the undertaking of additional tasks as required.
Job Offer Scams
Be alert to fictitious job opportunity posts and offers of employment which claim to be in the name of Linklaters. We have been made aware of various recruitment-related scams which ask for upfront payments, for example, for office equipment and promise start up bonuses and reimbursement in return for such payments. These scams often involve the use of email addresses similar to a genuine domain name. Genuine emails from Linklaters only use the domain of “@linklaters.com”. We will never ask you to make payments for office equipment or otherwise as part of our recruitment process. If you are in doubt about a job opportunity that appears to relate to our firm, please get in touch using the contact details on our careers website at www.linklaters.com/careers.
In the event that we make an offer to you, and where local legislation permits, we will conduct pre-engagement screening checks that may include but are not limited to your professional and academic qualifications, your eligibility to work in the relevant jurisdiction, any criminal records, your financial stability and references from previous employers. Your offer will be subject to the successful completion of these checks which will be initiated following your consent.
As a responsible business, it is important that we represent the diversity of our people, our clients and our communities. We know that diversity makes us a better law firm and helps us attract the best talent, drive innovation with diversity of thought, and deliver the best experience to everyone who comes into contact with us. We recruit on the basis of merit, irrespective of age, disability, gender, gender identity, race or ethnicity, marital status, religion, sex, sexual orientation or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate.
Selection decisions, and the reasons for those decisions, are recorded at each stage of the selection process. Selection criteria and, where appropriate, technical skills tests are in place to measure an individual’s ability for the safe and effective performance of a job. Those involved in recruitment and selection decisions and processes are also provided with guidance on diversity issues. If you require reasonable adjustments to be made during the selection process, please talk to a member of the recruitment team so that any required adjustments can be made in advance. Specific experience requirements advertised on a role do not intend to preclude applications from candidates who may have more or less experience. Our intention is only to indicate a guideline as to the necessary skills for the role as described.