3 – The number of values that we live by: Trust, Respect and Collaboration. Our mission is to discover new ways to improve and extend peoples’ lives. As Legal Advisor you will provide effective legal counsel to assigned business functions or teams within a country / BF/BU or Corporate function, acting as a legal advisor and business partner, negotiating contracts, managing litigation and providing counselling on substantive area legal issues
Your responsibilities include, but not limited to:
- Act as a business partner in all activities relating to the contractual negotiations and company’s statutory obligations by substantiating recommendations and providing legal advice and assistance to the senior legal counsels/Head Legal
- Draft basic transactions and contracts independently
- Advise on, and assists management decision-making regarding, contract and other risks relating to business activities and provides potential solutions therefor
- Manage disputes and litigation and/or investigations
- Manage relationships and monitors the work of outside counsel and legal experts
- Manage and support activities regarding compliance issues, such as anti-trust and regulatory
- Partner and liaise with external local counsels
- Participate in the development, recommendation and implementation of legal policies, procedures and guidelines
What you’ll bring to the role:
- Spanish Law Degree
- Excellent knowledge of written and spoken English and Spanish
- A minimum of five years’ experience working in the pharma industry or in a big law firm
- Previous exposure to high work volumes
- Excellent communications skills
You’ll receive: Company Pension Plan; Life and Accidental Insurance; Meals Allowance or Canteen in the office; Flexible working hours
Why consider Novartis?
799 million. That’s how many lives our products touched in 2019. And while we’re proud of that fact, in this world of digital and technological transformation, we must also ask ourselves this: how can we continue to improve and extend even more people’s lives?
We believe the answers are found when curious, courageous and collaborative people like you are brought together in an inspiring environment. Where you’re given opportunities to explore the power of digital and data. Where you’re empowered to risk failure by taking smart risks, and where you’re surrounded by people who share your determination to tackle the world’s toughest medical challenges.
Imagine what you could do at Novartis!
Commitment to Diversity & Inclusion:
Novartis embraces diversity, equal opportunity and inclusion. We are committed to building diverse teams, representative of the patients and communities we serve, and we strive to create an inclusive workplace that cultivates bold innovation through collaboration, and empowers our people to unleash their full potential.
Join our Novartis Network: If this role is not suitable to your experience or career goals but you wish to stay connected to learn more about Novartis and our career opportunities, join the Novartis Network here: https://talentnetwork.novartis.com/network