Would you like to be part of one of the largest transformations the World is experiencing in the past several decades? In Financial Services, consumer expectations are rising, and technological advances are enabling amazing customer experiences and new businesses not possible before. The emergence of disruptive platforms as a business model has reshaped other industries and is poised to do the same in financial services.
At Santander (www.santander.com) we embrace this change. The Wealth Management & Insurance division covers three businesses in all Santander Group countries: Insurance, Asset Management and Private Banking. We work to provide the best solutions to our clients in this three businesses in the 10 countries where we have a presence.
Santander is proud of being an organization where there are equal opportunities regardless of gender identity, culture and disability. Our mission is to contribute to help more people and business prosper. You can click here Why Santander to watch a short clip and learn why banking is still exciting.
As a Legal Counsel, you will be a part of the Wealth Management & Insurance legal team, with a focus on the several alternative and illiquid projects that are being developed within Santander Asset Management.
- Drafting and negotiation of investment vehicles legal documentation and agreements, such as NDA, offering documents, investment management agreements, depositary agreements, subscription agreements, placement agreements, limited partnership agreements, as well as any other documents and agreements related to the incorporation, management and cross-border registration and distribution of investment vehicles.
- Assistance in the incorporation, corporate secretary and any other governance matters of investment vehicles.
- Analysis and advice on implementation of international and local regulations related to collective portfolio services and investment services.
- Analysis of the legal documentation related to the underlying assets of the investment vehicles.
- Monitoring and assessment of applicable legal and regulatory requirements and duties.
- Coordination with counter-parties, whether internal (other departments and areas of the Group) and external (legal advisors), as well as advice on the relevant related documentation, such as term sheets and SLAs.
- Collaboration in any other global growth projects implemented within the Wealth Management & Insurance division.
- 4+ years in an international law firm (regulatory area), banking entity, investment company or asset management entity.
- Law Degree.
- Language skills – Expert level of English.
- Language skills – Medium level of French.
- Availability to travel.
Welcome to #TheSantanderEffect. Here, with only a small action or a simple idea, you can do great things. We offer you the advantages and the means to contribute to the progress of more than 140 million people around the world. These are the key factors that multiply the actions of all our employees:
- Meaningful Impact – Where the effect of your work makes a difference and helps people to prosper.
- Personal and Professional Growth – The chance to develop through world-class training, challenging work, and different roles.
- Respect – Be part of an organization that cares – about its people, its wider community, and the environment.
- Co-worker quality – Work with inspiring professionals who are leaders in their field.
- Global stability – Work for a solid global organization that has successfully reinvented itself many times in its 160- year history.