Gamesys Group is one of the world’s leading gaming operators, with millions of players and 1300+ employees. We believe passionately in what we do. Quite simply, we craft entertainment with care, building trusted brands and creating great experiences that always put the player first.
Our award-winning brands – including Virgin, Jackpotjoy, Monopoly, Heart and Vera&John – are some of the best known in the industry. Join us and you’ll be joining a big, international group with some great brands and an exciting future. You’ll feel part of one global family, working with smart people, and delivering a great experience for our players. There’s one thing we expect from you, over and above everything else. Be yourself. One of the values in our DNA is ‘stay wonderfully weird’ – and that applies to all of us.
Here at Gamesys we are looking for a Spanish speaking and Spanish qualified Legal Counsel to help drive our rapid, ongoing growth, with a particular focus on our Spanish business to be based either in our London office or our Barcelona office. The role will include:
- Working closely with the Compliance and Operations Manager, Finance Controller and Country Manager for Spain, as well as Spanish external counsel.
First point of contact for the Spanish team to:
- Assist with a wide variety of commercial contracts matters, including software licences, services agreements, brand partnership agreements with third party brand owners and IT supply contracts;
- Draft and negotiate advertising, marketing and sponsorship contracts with agencies, media owners, marketing affiliates and advertising platforms for our B2C gaming brands;
- Provide advice to the marketing teams in relation to promotions, including by reviewing the associated copy, drafting website and promotional terms and conditions, advising on regulatory issues and liaising with gaming regulatory authorities where necessary; and
- Provide legal advice in relation to website content and data protection and acting as legal point of contact for the business for new product launches and specific projects across a variety of territories;
- Liaising with local and international colleagues in the Legal, Privacy, Compliance and Cyber Security teams in relation to the above.
- Undertaking the role set out above in relation to our operations in the UK and North America where additional Legal team support is needed.
This role must be able to perform the following tasks:
- Ability to build network in the business of client stakeholders, understanding who to go to for advice and knowledge. Building a network within the Legal team by working with junior and senior members of the team;
- Instructing external counsel under direction and supervising external counsel on such instructions;
- Becoming aware of own areas of development and taking control of their learning and development and ensuring own knowledge, expertise and experience is shared and used effectively within the team;
- Identifying, analysing and prioritising complex legal issues;
- Advising business clients on legal and commercial risks, and managing their expectations;
- Keeping on top of regulatory and compliance updates in the gambling industry and being aware of the same when advising the business;
- Using precedents and adapting precedents for the team to use; and
- Able to lead on some projects or product launches without supervision.
Currently the legal team comprises 12 lawyers and 2 paralegals. The role will report into the Head of Legal for the UK, Spain and North America business unit.
The successful candidate will have 4 – 6 years PQE, be fluent in Spanish and be Spanish qualified. Duel qualification with English law would be a big advantage. Betting and gaming legal experience is an advantage but is not a pre-requisite.
We are looking for a great new member to a friendly team who will thrive in a robust and incredibly fast paced commercial environment where everyone’s contribution really matters.