Unique mastery and recognized authority on relevant subject matter knowledge in commercial practice areas. Contributes to the development of innovative solutions. Successfully operates in the most complex disciplines, in which the company must operate to be successful. Leads or participates in large, cross-division functional teams or projects that affect the organization’s long-term goals and objectives. Provides mentoring and guidance to lower level employees. Routinely exercises independent judgment in developing methods, techniques and criteria for achieving objectives. Helps develops strategy and sets functional policy and direction. Acts as a functional lead within area of expertise but does not manage other employees as a primary job function.
- Manages the development of legal strategies for senior management at one or more units of a large global or regional business; or leads complex commercial transactions; or provides specialized legal expertise in one or more areas of strategic importance or having significant impact on revenue, risk, or policy for client base.
- Develops and recommends innovative process improvements to effectively address business needs.
- Identifies and resolves highly complex legal, regulatory, and business issues.
- Manages legal responsibilities for multiple client organizations with divergent priorities and needs.
- Leads complex, multidimensional projects or transactions.
- Takes full accountability for clients’ legal needs by networking effectively to achieve resolution of matters outside of direct subject matter expertise or responsibility.
Education And Experience Required
- Advanced university degree in law (e.g. JD or LLB).
- Meets local legal license requirements.
- Typically 10+ years commercial legal experience at a law firm or in-house.
- Significant experience managing multiple, complex, strategic, specialty law projects, issues, and transactions.
Knowledge And Skills
- Mastery of legal and relevant business knowledge in multiple practices areas.
- Recognized subject matter expert in a key practice area.
- Broad and deep knowledge of company policies, procedures, and practices.
- Developed awareness of how to operate successfully in multiple international legal environments.
- Mastery in negotiating or advising senior representatives of external and internal organizations on complex and high value/risk matters.
- Excellent presentation and facilitation skills.
- English language skills to business standard required.