Amazon is working to be the most customer-centric company on earth. Our innovative technologies change the way people find, discover and buy products and services. Lawyers at Amazon are trusted members of the business. Our work is intellectually challenging, exciting and fast-paced. Developing innovative solutions to novel legal questions is part of our daily business. Like everyone at Amazon, we are passionate about our customers.
Amazon’s Consumer business is seeking a talented attorney to support our rapidly growing e-commerce business. You will be responsible for providing ongoing legal counseling in a wide range of legal areas, such as intellectual property, consumer protection, privacy, and regulatory compliance. Your duties will include providing sound and pragmatic advice to launch new products/services, structuring, drafting and negotiating commercial contracts and in general solving all sorts of complex problems. The position will be based in Madrid.
Fully qualified lawyer in Spain
Over 8+ years post-qualification legal experience at a law firm and/or as in house counsel in a multinational company
Excellent English and Spanish skills, both spoken and written
· Strong background in data privacy is a plus
· Working experience (as an external advisor or as in house counsel) for a retail company or ecommerce company is a plus
. Project management experience is a plus.
· Excellent interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to act as a business partner to senior management
· Ability to demonstrate sound judgment in ambiguous situations
· Excellent organizational skills, including ability to manage multiple projects at once, follow through, and meet deadlines
. Team player who can effectively and efficiently collaborate and build relationships with attorneys and business clients at all levels throughout the organization.
· Good degree of independence, initiative and decisiveness but also desire to be challenged and think outside the box.
. The ability to function as part of a European and global legal team and autonomously when required
· Common sense, great judgment, and a good sense of humor.
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We value your passion to discover, invent, simplify and build. Protecting your privacy and the security of your data is a longstanding top priority for Amazon. Please consult our Privacy Notice to know more about how we collect, use and transfer the personal data of our candidates.