Hi, we’re Fever!
Fever is the leading entertainment discovery platform, with a mission to inspire people through experiences. We are looking for bar-raisers who want to work hard, have fun, and make history with us. Fever combines its marketplace and Secret Media Network (such as Secret London, Secret NYC, Secret Los Angeles, Madrid Secreto, Paris Secret) through technology to reach over 30 million people every single week. Fever has also rolled out Fever Originals, which are proprietary events in which we follow a data-driven content creation strategy, using analytics to understand audiences and develop new, unique experiences.
Fever is present in over 80 cities worldwide, in countries such as the UK, US, France, Brazil, Portugal, Australia, and Spain, and is always in the process of expanding to new markets. Fever is also backed by top-notch institutional investors, including Rakuten Capital, Accel, and Atresmedia. We have continued to disrupt the entertainment space during the pandemic, and launched the Stranger Things Drive Into — the largest event in the world in 2020!
ABOUT THE ROLE
As a Legal Counsel for Security and Privacy, you will report directly to the Lead Counsel and work closely with the DPO and ISO. This is a frontline role that will require proactivity, autonomy, and drive. You will familiarise yourself closely with Fever’s mission and vision, structure, strategy, and objectives, and become the key Security and Privacy advisor within a fast-paced company undergoing an ambitious international expansion.
You will be expected to perform the following work, across different jurisdictions:
- Draft and updating privacy policies
- Develop internal business-centric privacy programs and processes to manage risk
- Advise Management, the DPO, the ISO, and business units on requirements and risks from a privacy and security perspectives for informed decisionmaking
- Draft, review, and track security and privacy-related contractual obligations
- Review and prepare responses to requests from law enforcement or government agencies
- Keep abreast of and advise about proposed and implemented global privacy and cybersecurity laws, regulations, and initiatives
- Seek, manage, and coordinate external advice as necessary
- Advise other team members on your area of expertise
- Be flexible and ready to get hands on in legal matters outside of your area of expertise, including employment, contract and commercial
- Prioritize your and others’ work
In order to be successful in this role, you will:
- Be a barred lawyer, anywhere in the world
- Speak fluent English with a command of legal English, with German fluency a plus
- Have 5 or more years post-bar professional experience in the legal field
- Have lived, worked, volunteered, or studied abroad in an internationally oriented position for a significant amount of time
- Have an excellent academic record or experience in top-notch companies or top-tier law-firms
- Possess strong technical skills and demonstrable knowledge or experience of Data Protection laws in the EU and cybersecurity legal frameworks
- Be an effective communicator who brings emotional intelligence to work
You can expect to join a group of diverse, hardworking team players, where a cultural fit is someone willing to stay humble and learn, and can work nimbly. We welcome applications with unusual backgrounds with the expectation that the applicant will have acquired hard or soft skills and maturity throughout their experiences.
This role is located in Fever’s HQ in Madrid, and although we can be flexible with the timing you will be expected to move there if you are living elsewhere.
- Opportunity to have a real impact in a high-growth global category leader
- 40% discount on all Fever events and experiences
- Work in a location in the heart of Madrid, with possible travel across our markets
- Home-office friendly and flexible schedule
- Responsibility from day one and professional and personal growth
- Great work environment with a young, international team of talented people to work with!