Come build the future of entertainment with us. Are you interested in shaping the future of online movies and television? Do you want to define the next generation of how and what Amazon customers are watching? We are looking for a talented legal counsel to support our rapidly evolving and expanding initiatives for Prime Video.
Prime Video is a premium content service that offers customers a vast collection of TV shows and movies – all with the ease of finding what they love to watch in one place. We offer customers thousands of popular titles, from award-winning Amazon Originals to exciting live sports events. Prime Video is a rapidly expanding and ever-growing business – available today in over 240 countries and territories worldwide. This position offers a unique opportunity to make history at one of the most innovative online video services in the world. If this sounds exciting to you, please read on.
We’re looking for a talented lawyer to help support our Prime Video business. In this role, you will counsel the Prime Video business on a broad range of product, commercial, licensing, and regulatory matters. You will provide day-to-day input on a broad array of business and legal questions, working with the business to address complicated policy questions, comply with regulatory obligations, and resolve issues that arise in commercial relationships. You will also be responsible for drafting and negotiating licensing and other key agreements. You will develop strategies for handling legal issues in creative, business-centric ways and you will build processes that address risk and allow the business flexibility and freedom to move quickly.
The role will be based in Madrid. Some travel will be required within the role.
· Qualified lawyer with outstanding legal qualifications
· 6+ years post-qualification legal experience, with at least 4+ years at top international law firm
· Strong drafting skills in English and in Spanish
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills in both English and Spanish, with prior experience of writing papers/recommendations in English to senior management
· Prior in-house experience
· Strong analytical, written and oral communication, with the ability to act as a business partner to senior management
· Ability to demonstrate sound legal and business judgment even in ambiguous situations
· Ability to work independently and also contribute successfully to cross-functional teams
· Excellent organizational skills, ability to manage multiple projects at once, and meet deadlines
· Common sense, great judgment, and a good sense of humor
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We value your passion to discover, invent, simplify and build. Protecting your privacy and the security of your data is a longstanding top priority for Amazon. Please consult our Privacy Notice to know more about how we collect, use and transfer the personal data of our candidates.