Are you willing to make an impact on our global efforts to shape the world’s energy future and contribute to encourage our shared goal of accelerating the global transition to renewable energy? Join us as a Senior Global Legal Advisor
Finance > Vestas Legal & Compliance > Global Development Team
As Senior Legal Counsel, you will provide legal support for the EMEA and LATAM divisions of Vestas’ Global Development team, headquartered in Madrid, Spain.
Reporting to the GSVP,Legal, Risk, Compliance, you will:
- Have the opportunity to work closely with an entrepreneurial and fast growing project development team in EMEA and LATAM, to support all stages of a renewable energy project development lifecycle – including due diligence, land campaigns, procurement, interconnection, offtake, acquisitions, joint ventures, sales, construction and disputes.
- Work on a varied and broad range of transaction documents in compliance with company guidelines and preferences, in each case while being encouraged to participate in and contribute to strategic initiatives to further business goals.
- Have a broad exposure supervising external counsel across a wide range of practice areas, including M&A, tax, permitting, environmental, interconnection and other regulatory areas.
- Be empowered and equipped with resources to strive for constant improvement and advancement of best practice through development and implementation of systems, processes, guidelines and forms to create efficiencies and lay groundwork for future growth of the business.
- Licensed in law with at least seven years of experience practicing law in the renewable energy industry (and in-house experience).
- Flexibility with travel based on company needs and goals
- Accountability: solid sense of ownership, leadership and accountability, reinforced by ability to work with minimal supervision to enable reach our business goals and mitigate risk.
- Simplicity: ability to balance attention to detail and thorough analysis with the ability to communicate directly, succinctly and articulately to render solution-oriented legal advice with maximum impact.
- Collaboration: strong interpersonal and teamwork skills, with firm desire to work collaboratively and creatively with the development team to build relationships and solidify your position as trusted legal advisor.
- Passion: enthusiastic and avid learner, excited to be part of a high growth business in the renewable energy industry, fueling your capacity to excel in a innovative and complex work environment.
Vestas is proud to be the energy industry’s global partner on sustainable energy solutions. We design, manufacture, install, and service wind turbines across the globe, and we have installed more wind power than anyone else.
Vestas strives to be the most inclusive workplace in the sustainable energy industry and ensure equal opportunities for everyone regardless of the social identity. We are stronger as a company not despite our differences, but because of them, both professionally and personally. Beyond a diverse workforce, we want to ensure that all of our employees are included and actively contributing to Vestas’ success and innovation. Only then can we become the global leader in sustainable energy solutions and ensure sustainability in everything we do.
At Vestas, we offer global opportunities for people with growth mindsets and the desire to make a shared and positive impact. We work in the true spirit of our corporate values: accountability, simplicity, collaboration, and passion. We expect everyone to live up to these in their day to day work – no matter what you do and where you are in the organisation.
Learn more about Vestas at www.vestas.com and follow us on our social media channels