TeamCMP is a digital entertainment company founded in Rochester (NY) in the early 2000’s and with offices in Barcelona since 2007.
We’re 150+ people energized about our future and enjoying everything a high-growth company has to offer. We’re technologists, marketers, business operators, video producers and VR experts from over 32 nationalities
At TeamCMP we are passionate about innovation! We take a cutting-edge approach to development by utilizing the latest technologies and experimenting with all the new gadgets
Big volumes = big challenges
We field more than 250 million HTTP sessions per-day from our collection of some of the world’s most well trafficked sites and our B2C products lead in their respective markets. We are committed to amplifying our presence and accelerating growth through our passionate, entrepreneurial and innovative workforce.
What you will do
We are looking for a Spanish or EU qualified business-minded Legal Counsel to be part of the Legal department in our Barcelona office and contribute to all legal aspects of our business, with a strong focus on commercial (contract negotiating and drafting), IP/IT and data protection, as well as good knowledge on corporate, employment and other general legal matters (including coordination with outside counsel for litigation, compliance and other day-to-day legal issues). The position will interact and work with various internal client groups including the acquisition team, product departments, business development, HR, and Finance and will report to the Head of Legal / General Counsel.
The successful candidate will be involved and manage contract projects and legal matters including but not limited to:
- Vendor/Reseller/SaaS/Outsourcing and similar agreements
- Nondisclosure agreements and letters of intent
- Content license and production agreements
- General corporate housekeeping and other operational related matters
- Marketing and digital advertising agreements.
- Audit current internal practices and documents and advise on improvements.
- Coordinate legal matters with internal stakeholders and external counsel regarding data protection, e-commerce and litigation.
- At least seven to ten years of experience with a mixture of law firm and substantial in-house practice in on-line, e-commerce, intellectual property, digital marketing and media, with cross-border and international scope.
- Qualified to practice and good-standing member of any (preferably) Spanish or EU Bar association.
- Experience with a broad range of business transactional matters, including: advance counseling, negotiating, analysis and document/contract drafting and review skills.
- Working knowledge of US legal system (including but not limited to intellectual property, employment, corporate and digital media rights / DMCA).
- Working knowledge of digital marketing and advertising, online and e-commerce regulations in the EU and US.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective and professional working relationships with stakeholders across various business units and to work with people from diverse nationalities and cultural backgrounds.
- Ability to operate with confidentiality and exercise discretion.
- Excellent time management, planning and organizational skills and the ability to manage multiple and changing priorities efficiently and effectively in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to contribute individually with minimal supervision and as part of a team exhibiting above average initiative and follow through on assignments.
- Proficient/bilingual level of Spanish and English is a must. Fluent in other languages will be an asset.
- Master’s Degree in “digital”-related legal practice and/or business, but with a good sense of general advice.
- Highly desirable: experience working with startups.
- Highly desirable: working knowledge of Spanish employment, tax, corporate and commercial law.
- Private Health and Dental Insurance plan for employees.
- Subsidized gym memberships and fitness classes.
- Company sponsored Spanish, Catalan and English classes.
- Sponsored training and development.
- Quarterly company bonus programme.
- Top notch Apple equipment.
- Remote policy and flexible working hours
- Flexible Bank Holidays. Design your own working calendar with a lengthy consecutive vacation day policy.
- Beautiful new headquarters in the center of Barcelona with multiple workspaces and plenty of lounge space too.
*Please note: All applications must be submitted in English